Global Elections Day Summit 2022
3 February 2022, 14.00-17.00 CET – Online event
The organization of the Global Elections Day Summit 2022 is just running full tilt, responses are received from all over the world.
We are happy to share that Election Management Bodies from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, Republic of Moldova, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Sweden, Ukraine, United States of America, international organizations such as A-WEB, IFES, Gender Concerns International, UNSOM, Venice Commission, as well as academia and electoral experts already expressed their wish to actively participate in the GED Summit.
The aim of the Global Elections Day (GED) is to celebrate our most important democratic institution – elections. GED was initiated by the GEO/ACEEEO conference in 2005, and we are proud that in the past decades it evolved into a tradition, a real celebration organized in democracies throughout the ACEEEO region by EMBs and other electoral stakeholders on the first Thursday of February.
The goals of the GED Summit 2022 which is organized on 3 February are:
- to celebrate elections, a cornerstone of democracy;
- to acknowledge election officials, working relentlessly as guards of the democracy;
- to demonstrate the unity of the election officials from all over the globe;
- to show the diversity of elections;
- to support the exchange of best practices among the election management bodies; and
- to provide guidance to the voters.
Each speaker will be allotted a maximum of 3-4 minutes to share ideas.
During the intervention you may:
- address a message to the election community, underlining your commitment to values related to elections;
- present a best practice from your election system;
- address a challenge you face in your country; or
- to make any other short statement related to elections.
Since we expect some further EMBs and IOs to register we extended the registration deadline until Thursday, 27 January. If you wish to participate either as a speaker or as audience, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further reference please visit the dedicated page at https://aceeeo.org/en/projects/global-elections-day as well as follow all the updates at www.facebook.com/aceeeo (#GlobalElectionsDay).